My Mom is a genius when it come to home making, music and artsy crafts. She had painted some antique furniture - lavender in color with "Bauernmalerei" style (a very traditional German style, similar to the outcome of my projects) . I remember the furniture in my room when I was wee little wench. Being the unappreciative child I was I wrecked all of them by drawing on 'em with pencil and sharpie's, beating them whilst playing with my rough brothers... you get the picture! I now mourn the loss of those beautiful pieces. Every time I see anything with that style I remember my mom's talent and my earliest child hood memories. Today I wanted to do something creative that was inexpensive. I have never tried drawing/painting in the style before. I came up with a game plan to teach myself. I was pretty happy with the outcome especially when considering this to be my first try. I wish my Mom was here and could show me how to really do it. It would be a lot easier than to fudge my own way through it.
Plan A (it worked satisfactory, otherwise you'd get Plan B):
1. Visualize the outcome
2. Look up You tube technique and research images of similar projects
2. Summon materials and set them up
3 Prepare damage control (you're gonna mess up or/and make a mess, if you're anything like me)
4. Turn on a great Soundtrack (I chose my favs. of the Beatles and Simon & Garfunkel and after a while turned to classical in preparation for the RS Broadcast and to finish my music assignment)
5. Apply base coat of color and let dry
6. Sand first coat down, to achieve a smooth end result
7. Apply 2nd coat of color
8. Mourn over ruined shirt, then instead of washing it out, get over it and continue while purposely splashing on your shirt just our of spite
9. Draw an outline of visualized design with white paint to create a base for vibrant color outcome
10. Add main layer of colors on top of white
11. Add shade and light effects and add different color facettes
12. Add trimmings and little details, clean up smudges
12. Take a break and be embarrassed because you can't get paint off of hands before RS Broadcast even though you've scrubbed them red
13. After returning from the broadcast, touch up and apply overcoat spray to make paint more durable
14. When necessary sand down edges to take off thick layers that prevent you from fitting the lid to the box
15. Enjoy the result of your rare creative outburst
16. Take pictures and blog about it for posterity's sake and validation :)
17. Go to bed!



5 comments:
i like you, those are gorgeous, and i want one! loves!
Beautiful! You have your mother's talent :)
They are gorgeous! I absolutely love them!
wow reik...they look so authentic! I even like them at just the white oaint stage.
Those are gorgeous Rike! You have definitely inherited your mom's talent. I think you should definitely sell your crafts on the 20th. What a wonderful opportunity!
Post a Comment