Saturday, October 16, 2010

Da dada DAA!!!

Well, let me tell you how we surprised my parents. 
We had someone in the stake presidency call my parents in for an "interview". They were so nervous about a calling, it was classic! Worried with all of this and sickness which my Mom was experiencing, they didn't expect a thing. Unfortunately my connecting flight from Denver got canceled.  Which meant I had to call home as Jared and Kristin were already on their way to Munich to pick me up from the airport. I had to come up with a slight "Family emergency" from Kristin's Family to cover my call. My parents were not happy with me at all when I told them I couldn't tell them what was going on but had to get a hold of Jared. Anyway, long story short, my flight got worked out and 36 hours after I got up, to go to the airport in Salt Lake, I met them in Nürnberg. Needless to say, I was all puckered out! In between me arriving and meeting my parents, we killed time by visiting some great friends that live by the church and by checking out "Dirndl", sold as remnants of the October Fest. (Pics at the end). I was exhausted when it finally was time to meet them. Stationed behind the door of the stake presidents office I was waiting for them to make it up the stairs, frantically trying not to fall asleep.  I succeeded and the rest is history. My Dad was speech less (a hard thing to accomplish! :). It was so funny, he just turned around and wouldn't even say anything....

--argh, my computer doesn't like me! I can't upload the video.Well, they were excited to see me. let's leave it at that.



This is HUGE!!! Mc Donalds is selling 'Nürnberger' (our local Bratwurst') German wide now... Well, I was pretty excited to eat it for breakfast anyhow!
A little too 'Little Red Riding Hood' perhaps?
How about 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well at least I'll get to see the video when you make it back to Logan! We miss you!

Mandi said...

I hope you bought one...a drindl I mean...it's only natural that a german gal should have one. Then you could walk all around campus in it and men who had gone on missions to Germany would be flocking by the hundreds.

Rike said...

Tempting, tempting :).....
If it weren't that I am a little touchy regarding the subject of guys dating me to be able to go back to Germany... What I really should do is learn to yoddl! (jodeln)