Sunday, December 5, 2010

Random things I love

- Little notes of appreciation (who can help but feel loved and happy if someone took the time to sneak a little note to you?!? They always cheer me up!) Right along with that, getting flowers! It's the ultimate! I got both this week. So, I'm a happy camper!

- The search function on gmail. (besides the fact that it is incredibly practical, I feel great after searching for all facebook notif. and deleting them-pure bliss!)

- Kisses on the Cheek (yes, you may laugh, I'm sure you already did! Last week I fell asleep while doing homework, and low and behold I was awakened by a kiss on my cheek. LOVELY! Obviously it depends on who dishes them out!)

- Blog Comments (Hint, hint..haha no, but doesn't everybody? It makes you feel like your posts are of interest to others... Since blogging is my first step to journal-writing I will continue to do it even without comments. If I comment on your blog, it shows I enjoyed your post and care about you! If I don't I probably was simply to busy or haven't seen it yet!)

- Christmas (I love everything about it! Caroling, Cookies and Baking, food, lights, tradition, family time etc! Truly the most wonderful time of the year)

- De-cluttering (I've been raised to be frugal and very careful with my belongings which means I keep stuff. Although it hasn't become excessive hording, needless to say I don't own enough for it to go that far, I'd say I have way to much stuff I really don't need. So every now and then I go through it and rid myself of all excess worldly things. Going along with this point, I LOVE DI (deseret industries is a store operated by the lds church where all things that are still in good condition can get donated to and then they sell it for super cheap to the public. It creates jobs and a cheap way for people to get things they need. Besides it offers lot's of entertaining shopping trips. You never know what you may find! Options are limitless :)

- Socks (although I own maybe 5 pair, I've discovered how delightful it is to have warm feet. I had almost forgotten the feeling!)

- Doris Day Movies, Bill Cosby Show, Little House on the Prairie, Andy Griffin Show, Boy meets world and Monk (I have way too little time to thoroughly enjoy them!)

- Rowling up children (Parent's don't always appreciate it and I'm sure as a mother I will tone down my efforts, but is there something more delightful then to hear the wee little ones squeal in delight? I miss my little nieces and can't wait to meet my baby nephew. They are the best! I thoroughly enjoy taking friend's and family kids on outings. Having a kid do something with you makes most everything so much more exciting.)

- Gum and Werther's original (no need for further explanation, right?)

- Calvin and Hobbs (is there a better comic ever invented? )

- Basketball Games, Musicals and other performances

Anyway, these last two weeks have been fun and crazy busy. Thanksgiving was great! My camera is broken which means I have to get others to send pictures to me. Well, till next time and Aloha!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Reik, that was entertaining to read. I loved that calvin and hobbes comic...ha ha, I'd never seen that one before. I totally agree with you on all of your points (except the nasty "g" word one =)

Melani said...

I just loved this! Except the gum part...grody. I love blog comments too. And christmas is magical. I can't wait!