Alright Folks,
for all of you who have been waiting in anticipation or who had to endure me stressing out, thank you for your support, especially Erika, Luke and Jake! Thanks for practicing with me and giving me feedback. I know I've tried your patience! I've passed the 'in class voice recital' this morning. In hindsight it's ridiculous how big a deal I made out of it. I was incredibly nervous, mainly because I know I wasn't able to spend as much time preparing for it as I wanted to. Honestly I felt pretty bad after the whole thing because in the middle of the "Let me in" I actually spaced out and forgot the lyrics. I fudged my way through it by repeating parts of the first verse haha.. I felt totally flustered but somehow no one noticed, I guess. Here is the email I got from the Professor. Let me assure you he is way too nice about the way I did, but I still like to share it with you. I'm not gonna lie, it made me feel pretty good. I prayed that I would be able to do good despite of my lack of time in preparation. I know Heavenly Father helped me! I just thought it important to point that out. Here is a part of my review.
"You have an absolutely beautiful sound! I love the color of your voice, and you sing with such emotion and honesty. You produce beautiful, natural, almost entirely tension free sound. Sehr GUT! I hear nice easy spin and flexibility in your voice, throughout your entire range. You seem to be using your breath well too, supporting from down low and making sure to sing from the breath support instead of the throat especially in your upper range.... "Good choice of songs. They suit your voice well, and show off what your voice can do. What a lovely instrument you have! Keep up the good work. Please consider audition the program, you can sing exactly what you did today. I think you would be a big asset to the voice department!"
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
That is awesome!!! Of course they thought you were good! You have a beautiful voice! I'm so proud of you!!!! I think you would do great in a music major...maybe it'll work out someday.
Congratulations! I'm glad everything worked out so well. Now you can relax and little and enjoy life and the wonderful cold, snowy Logan. Love ya!
AUDITION! I didn't know these sorts of phrases existed when talking about singing. I am so proud of you Weeks! I love your voice too. I always have. It's so pure and clear. I love you!
That's great news! No surprise to us that you did so well. Congratulations!
Post a Comment