Sunday, April 24, 2011

Provo! The first!

Welcome back to another one of my ramblings (is that even a word?:)...
My family in Germany has been bugging me about pictures of life in Provo. Good things take time, right? I didn't have a camera anyway! Well, lo and behold, about 3 weeks ago I received a mysteriously wrapped Amazon package. On it was a note saying,
"Happy Birthday Rike! Do NOT open this before May 10th. Love you!"

Deductive Reasoning tells me that anyone who knows me enough to spell my name right, knows when my birthday is, that I love surprises, my new address, and who knows I wanted a camera for a while will also know that there is no way on earth that I will be able to restrain myself from opening a package for over a month (especially if the packing label says what is in the package!) So, I documented me opening the package. Who ever you are, I hope you read this and that you will forgive me for opening your gift prematurely. I love it and dedicate all pictures I take with my fabulous new Sony Camera to you!
(Compare the quality of this picture taken with my cell phone with the following pictures! Forgive my "no-makeup-just woke up" self)

OK, moving right along! Here are a ton of pictures of my appartment in Provo. You asked for it! PS: you can click on any of the pictures and see them in original size :)



 (only the middle part of the shelf in the family room is mine)

 Of course my guitar (Cordelia) had to have a special place. I have to admit I still haven't gotten much better in playing her. But it's fun anyway.
 I will have to give this desk up as once I get a roommate but so far it's been nice to have this extra space.
 I am so excited to have these, mainly because I had to haul them around with me in my suitcases from Germany
 Sorry, I took this this morning and everyone had just made their breakfast and hadn't had time to do the dishes. Do you spy with your little eye my tiny herb green house on the table? It's growing!
 Except for my guitar none of this is mine. Jared and Richy if you were wondering, that Leonardo DeCaprio Poster is NOT mine! I have not yet become corrupted! :)

Apparently I outed myself as a German by planting these. I love flowers, what can I say!

Mom, for your benefit. Here's a picture with my new haircut/color. This was taken this morning and the sun was shining. I tried to get rid of the flash but almost every picture had the glare. Well, you know what my face looks like, just ignore the glare and enjoy the hair (haha...the rhyming was unintended!)

4 comments:

Linda said...

I enjoyed the picture tour of your new apartment.
Cute, cute picture of you.
Will be down in Provo Wednesday for Women's Conference. Send me an email with your work schedule.
Love, Linda

Ksela said...

You're such a babe, and your apartment looks great :) love you!

Kirsten Ashton said...

It was nice seeing you at your work the other day! I am getting excited to see you even more when I go up there! I have a feeling Mindy and I are going to be doing a lot of hanging out at your apartment :) Your hair looks super cute by the way!

Rike said...

Kirsten It will be a terrific time! I am super excited. And thank you!

Kaela, I love you too!

Linda, I hope you got my mail